Thursday, April 17, 2008

Consistency

So last February I started this whole diet/exercise thing. I dropped down a pants size and soon started feeling a hell of a lot healthier. Today I had pop tarts for lunch and worked out for the first time in two weeks. Inconsistent exercise is better than none, right?

I wish I could say that this is not a normal life pattern, but I have to admit that it is. I get really into something and then I just stop. I could be in shape, have better writing skills, and progress a lot further spiritually if I learned to focus. Being able to have the desire and willpower to continuously better myself is currently one of my greatest challenges.

What makes this situation particularly frustrating is that I'm talking about stuff I enjoy doing. I like writing and expressing my ideas, even if they aren't shared. Playing DDR is super awesome fun. Meditation makes me feel more connected to the earth and keeps me evened out. Yet I struggle with doing these kind of things on a daily basis. What the hell. I need to be more passionate about my passions.